View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #119
67cheby
67cheby

Re: Slosh Tubz new company project "Square Peg" frame laying 1987 GMC Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
sweet , i need to see some more pics of what they did in the back with the seat ! Do you have any other pics ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
It's blocked up (see pic) and moved forward for sure. I wonder how small of a notch you can get away with?
i am going to make it as small as possible, you are right i see the blocks but why blocks ? that would lift it ?
Remember the rear-facing station wagon seats?...that would be cool!
lOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzilla View Post
Hey Mike, when are you going to announce who the mystery sponsor is? Either that, or I'm guessing that someone is going to do a reality show on you while you do your Blazer! I know I'd sure as heck watch!
Probably Friday, LOL a reality show would be great...carsalesman by day car builder by night !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice score and sweet project Mike. I have a couple of ideas for you since I see you're going the different and modified look here. On the hood, the 73-80 has a more square body line in the center of it where as the 81-87 comes up to a point. You were saying you wanted to retain the cowl panel seperate from the hood. Now, when you cut the 2 hoods to do this the sheet metal won't want to line up. But, I think you could weld the 2 hoods together and get a steel cowl scoop and then use it as a seam blocker and add looks.

On the rear seat: Place the lower cusion smack on the floor even with your new floor hump. Use the top of the floor hump as half of the lower portion of the seat frame and then add a back to it. This way you might try to still keep it as low as you can without kiddos wacking their heads as much.
great ideas !
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote