View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 09:18 PM   #5
AcampoDave

Re: AC on a 66 later in the build questions

The sure fit kit is heat AND air all in one package and the blower handles both jobs. As previously stated it is recirculated air so using it as ventilation serves little purpose. The blower is kinda loud when you get it cranked up toward full speed, but it is reasonably effective at lower rpm. I did use the rotary dials and installed them in a factory radio delete plate. The knobs it comes with are mid 90's Toyota looking rubber ones so I purchased more period correct optional knobs from VA. You can buy pulleys from VA, but more economical options are availabe on Ebay or even at local parts suppliers who also carry the belts. My radiator came from speedcooling.com and its a direct fit. Some folks dont like 'em but many others do. My fan is a clutch driven mechanical unit from a parts store. The blades span 18 inches and the clutch is a Hayden 2747.
Push on weatherstrip is great and jute pad w/ soundeadener fits well under carpet. I also chose the "mass backed" option for the carpet which is of a thicker material. It is already jute padded in the footwell part and i carried it on to the back wall with a roll I purchased separately.

Edit: my vintage air works great in mid 90's ambient temps. It's more the 103+ days that work it pretty hard. But even as high as 108 on toward 110 its still fairly cool in the truck, but you do get the sweaty back against the seat thing going on.

Last edited by AcampoDave; 11-30-2019 at 12:05 AM.
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote