Re: Huck's 85 GMC shorty

Here they are, fresh out the package

Name:  IMG_9546.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  IMG_9549.jpg
Size:  56.3 KB

So like I said, I taped them back up to mostly keep water out but mainly to keep pieces from falling off and making things worse.

We get to Dino's Git Down in Glendale, AZ and I talk to their R&D guy directly (one of my coworkers knows him and told him I'd be coming to see him). I explain the issue and let him know that I do R&D for AMD and would like to help resolve the issue and get a good replacement set. I'm not out to make anyone look bad, I just want to help. At this point, I haven't posted anything about it anywhere and had not spoken poorly of UP at all. Anyone that mentioned my lights, I just told them it must've been a fluke and I was waiting on a replacement set. No big deal.

Dude at UP gives me his card and tells me to shoot him an email with all of the details and pictures, shakes my hand and thanks me and we're on our way. Get back home from Dino's and decide to measure different aspects of these lights vs some good originals we have at work. I found the issue, the arch of their lens is wrong, it's spread out too far.

So I email him my story, pictures and findings. Got crickets. Absolutely nothing. Emailed a couple times, tried to call. Nothing. So I started posting about it and tagging them on social media. Still nothing. So now I've gotta figure out who's lights I'm gonna try next. Still running around with the taped up UP's because they're still brighter than OE replacements.

Name:  Pass tail light.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  60.8 KB

Name:  Drivers tail light.jpg
Size:  56.9 KB
Walker Tuned
5/8 drop
US Mags
TotallyHucked is offline   Reply With Quote