View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 12:41 AM   #70
SDfarms

Re: 72 chevy modern swap

Well boys im back with a lot to say. I have never been so fed up with a company in my life. Advanced got my adapter to me about a month ago and i was every impressed when i seen everything. It wasn't till my transmission got back from being rebuilt that the guy told me my bellhousing was wrong... And of course it was. The bellhousing they sent me was for a 96-03 nv4500, and i thought mine was. Little did i know that the top housing of my transmission had been switched. When it was being rebuild i had the rebuilder write down any numbers. Turns out i have a 94 nv4500. So i waited a week for advanced adapters to get back to me. I sent the bellhousing there, they sent one back no problem.... I left the clutch fork attached to it figuring they would send one with the different housing well of course not. So i waited for the fork, and it finally came. without the spring in the back of it but i start to assemble everything anyways. It was all quite simple with the assembly other then i had to oval out a hole in the rear housing and modify the dust cover because it was quite modified for this project. Oh well check out the progress though.
SDfarms is offline   Reply With Quote