View Single Post
Old 11-22-2023, 11:53 AM   #44
loudchevy

Re: BUILD: 1970 C10 LWB “Jumping Cholla”

Yesterday afternoon I build a new trackbar for the rear suspension. The OG isn't adjustable and I didn't want to buy new bushings for it.

I've had a set of Rod Ends from Ruff Stuff https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/58REPARTS.html for years sitting in my garage. I was gonna use them for a front Panhard bar for the Blazer but never got around to it so I decided to put them to use in the C10. I already had a stick of 1-1/4" DOM .120" wall tubing as well. I had to shave down the misalignment spacer on the frame side to fit into the existing opening from the old piece. Once I could get the rod ends bolted in the frame pocket and on the differential stud, i was able to measure for the tube length and cut it to size. I just threw a couple of tack welds on the bung inserts for the time being and installed the new trackbar. I was able to adjust the bar to get equal measurements on each side of the frame to tire. Before putting the bar in, I had about a 1/2" difference between each side. I'm pretty excited how it came out even for something so small in the large scope of the project. I know it's way overkill/built for this application but it was basically free since I bought the parts with 2010 money

I'm not a huge fan of single sheer connections for suspension components, but the stud on the 12B will have to do since it's pretty beefy. I'll be adding some plate to the bottom axel u-bolts plates for the bottom of the shocks to get double sheer connections. I'll do the same for the front shocks on the top connection to the frame as well at some point (I think I've seen a kit somewhere so that should be an easy mod).
Attached Images

2003 Tahoe Stock
1985 K5 5.3LS/4L60E|8Lug 4:56|3/4 Ton Front|14BFF Rear|Roll Cage|Dove-tailed & Bobbed
loudchevy is online now   Reply With Quote