View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 06:49 AM   #125
watahyahknow

Re: 71 C30 dually restoration

i think you get a lot of info from 1963impala2dr on you tube
he doing about te same cab swap on a square body frame
hes only changing it from a heavy truck to a pickup style radrod
https://www.youtube.com/user/1963imp...f_id=0&sort=dd

realy do like those cabs as well , theres a guy on the tenesee truck forum that found a real good one thats been sitting inside a barn for quite a few years
hes allso converting it intoo a radrod , took the front fenders of , z-ed the frame in the rear and dropped the beam front suspension
if i was doing one it might've been a little more gleam and shine in the paint department

there's another thing i'm considering , those super single rims are 14 inches wide
i was wondering if i would machine them down to 22 inch is theres a wide low profile tire that fit
sofar i only found off road tires that might fit them , the 22 inch mickey thompsons seem to require a 16 inch rim
i think those supers would look even better with the superwide lower profile tires and the 22 inch truckrims in the front

i'm planning on running a fleetside bed and the stock super single tires would stick out over the top of it

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts

Last edited by watahyahknow; 12-27-2014 at 06:55 AM.
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote