View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 01:33 PM   #49
Mike_The_Grad

Re: Flowmasters getting on my nerves...

Old thread, just for the heck of it as I'm currently dwelling on my newly discovered recently purchased all aluminum-very-expensive-radiator cracks.... But that's for another thread. I bought my 1972 custom/10 from my ex girlfriends father. Pretty much stock with 70,000 on a 10 year old rebuild.this was in 2004. First thing I did,pull all smog related equip. Since I removed piping and altered dimensions of tailpipes due to removal of cats. I figured how short can I make his exhaust,with the mindset of a teenager thinking shortest distance of anything was a straight line,I.e. exhaust gases out faster meant intake mixtures faster...am I right? Lol. So I installed hedman long tube headers ending in 3" collectors, feeding 18" of 3" pipe,attached to flow master "super 40" with 90° turndowns. Which put the outlet almost directly underneath the cab. I could set off car alarms on the other side of a four lane street. There's no sneaking home at 2 in the morning with exhaust like that. At the time my girlfriend a block and a half away, when I "went home" for the night meaning going downtown with the boys,she would stand on her front porch and could literally hear me drive where ever it was in town and turn off my truck. When she told me she knew I didn't go home I figured I had a rat in the pack so to say, low and behold I was the rat...lol. No harm no foul. That lasted about 6 months til I couldn't hear my newly installed stereo even at the max. setting. So I had them relocated to under the bed with 3" turnouts in front of rear tires. Still really loud,just not in the cab where I'm at! Lol

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote