View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 08:09 PM   #45
72c20customcamper

Re: Random pictures that you did not take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
Not joking. We were sitting on the porch talking, and I thought my neighbor could not be right, no way. But I saw it with my own eyes. He opened the hood. There were Ford Motor Co tune up and emissions stickers and stamped plates with cubic inches plainly displayed. He said and I believed him that it came that way from the factory, and he bought it new for his wife. The car was not really all that old at that time. All the usual emissions stuff was there and looked very boring, typical, and factory to me, except for how big then engine was. We were wondering while standing there together and talking what on Earth a small car like this needed such a huge engine for. He had no idea why but said it would leave just about any other car in the dust. It was definitely a Gremlin. We figured AMC could have outsourced the engines, and I thought for years after that perhaps all of them were that way, but I haven't seen very many Gremlins.
AMC made their engines in house never used a Ford motor . If it had a Ford in it someone did a swap
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is online now   Reply With Quote