View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #8
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Hydroboost Mounting Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972SuperCheyenne View Post
Seriously considering one of the Hydroboost set-ups. Any pics of one mounted. Looks like it would clear up alot of room with the BBC in my 72. Will our lines from the prop valve tie in to the prop valve on the new valve? Have to change the length of the rod from the pedal to the booster? Basically just need to know what else is needed to make this work. Thanks man.
Unfortunately Josh I don't have any installed pics, but yes it does open up the engine compartment some, especially when combined with my booster bracket. That gets everything closer to the firewall. Some guys even flip the hydroboosters upside down from the factory position to move the accumilator (?) to the outside. You probably wouldn't even have to break open a brake line to convert to hydroboost, since you should be able to use your current master cylinder providing it is a power master. Yes you will have to graft the hydroboost pushrod to the original one for your truck. If you want to give this a try let me know and I'll work with you to make sure the install goes smoothly.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote