View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #16
lmdangerous

Re: DIY Disc Brake Conversion

Other Napa Parts:
# 38059 brake line for the front( right )
# 38061 brake line for the front ( left)
#82699 banjo bolt - need one for each caliper-
# TS- 728A-M - all four wheels.

# 36846 the flexible rear brake lines ( yes even on the back they have to flex and move ) -One per side.
#36799 is the flexible line from the hard line to the rearend.
#641-3207 are the larger studs - for the front - drilled the hub and after install I spot welded each one - you could have just installed longer stock studs and used thin spacing sleeves on each stud - this centers the rotor - ( make sure that the spacers are no thicker than the rotor itself ) - still wound up using thin sleeves in the end even with the bigger studs . My reason for this was
# 1 there is no way it could not be centered - between the spacers and thightening between the the wheel -( hole on the for drotor is bigger )
The chevy rotor ( 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive rotor that is used on the back) - won't work on the front with out turning the hubs down - Don't leave much meat to hold the studs.
#2 even though Have a mill/ lathe etc- This could be done without any of that- I even roughed the 3/8 plate out with a torch- then cleaned them up in the mill. Could be done with a grinder if it had to be.
hope this helps - and if you need the photos let me know and ill email them or text.
Oh yea dont for get the steering cross link needs to be shortened / adjusted at least 1 1/4 inches to be even close - then go to the front end shop and have the toe in /out set - I was still off almost 3/4 of an inch - And I swore I had it dead on Lol.
lmdangerous is offline   Reply With Quote