View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 03:08 AM   #1314
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notchbackgta View Post
Where did you get the rotors and the pads? I am working towards my 4x4 conversion and have not found much except stock replacement stuff. I like EBC, but they don't seem to make a rotor for a K30 and only two pad choices and I would like something with low dust.
The rotors came from Street Plus Performance. The pads are Bendix MKD149FM available from any Bendix supplier. One thing I will mention is that I noticed the last set of these Fleet/Metlock pads that I bought for another vehicle in my fleet came in a box that no longer says Made In USA on it. Hopefully the quality is still there, but only time will tell. I have had fantastic luck with these pads for decades. I have used them on everything from my mom's cars to my Sub and everything in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
Ya sounds very frustrating. At least it has been good for a while now. I would put my money on the dust/splash shield.
I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985-GMC View Post
Looks good! I was sure someone made drilled and slotted d60 rotors but hadn't ever looked into it. Glad to know they're of decent quality.

Yeah I wonder about the dust shields as well. Is there any chance they act like a fan shroud making cooling of the rotor more efficient?
I doubt it as the rotors kind of free-ball it out in the air inside of the tire/wheel and the dust shield would only reduce free airflow through the rotor. This is kind of a double-edged sword as just as easily as the air can flow through the rotors, so can water. Whether it is water in a stream or water off a rain soaked highway, some type of shielding would be a good thing.