Thread: Dad's Dodge
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 06:26 PM   #22
makman1297

Re: Dad's Dodge

Ziegel, I did not know that. I was looking for control arms as mine were pretty rusty and the van ones kept pulling up. I think mine are salvageable though, just have to finish cleaning them up.

Big delay on engine work today, the rings came out of their box and into the envelope when shipped, I had to figure out which compression ring went where. Of course the instructions are vague, like put them in the correct position. Mahle is closed on the weekend and their website isn't too helpful. I compared the rings to the original and found they are the same style of bevels and went with that, the UCR has an up angle bevel and the LCR has a smaller downward facing bevel.

Pistons are installed, all measurements checked good. Windage tray in, oil pump and pickup are installed. I cleaned up the oil pan and cam cover. I also got the newer style cam chain guide/thrust plate. I didn't even know they made those, lol.

My shipment of intake gaskets and intake valves was delay until Monday. I don't think I will finish up the heads tomorrow anyways.
Attached Images

1980 Kawasaki KZ 440
2004 Harley Sportster 1200
makman1297 is offline   Reply With Quote