View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 04:55 PM   #94
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Re: Sarge's rattle-can rebuild

So, we're keeping the doors and paint (here comes the "P" word...) and patina, but it doesn't mean I want to keep all the dents. The CARC paint is some really tough stuff, so i ordered a seat of Eastwoods brand of body hammers/dollys. And commenced to beating on the doors. No prior experience, books, or DVD's for this, just a little common sense. And I'll be the first to admit I've got some "reverse dents" now. But I don't care. They're much straighter and look better to me. I couldn't resist getting the pressure washer out while they were shells. With rotted seals there was a lot of dirt and dust inside the doors, so we hosed the insides down with Purple Power and cut loose with the pressure washer. Amazingly, no rust in there. Blind squirrel moment. And in another one of those "while we're here" moments, I had to try Peal-n-Seal in the doors. The roll is 6" wide, I used three 20" long strips in each door centered going from the body line to the bottom edge. It did make the doors sound better when they close. Just trying to make the best of what we've got, a lot more effort going on here than money.
Attached Images

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote