View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 12:39 AM   #46
ZohmBii

Re: JackdTruck - the overly ambitious 1969 K10 LWB Project

Lets keep going, shall we?

Now that we had the truck running, our next step was to install the windshield. We originally were going to install the style with the chrome trim, but it kept fighting us so we decided to go with the simple black gasket. I think it blends in with the black top of the cab quite well.

View from the inside - visors also installed:

Test fitting the seats with the brackets we made:

We used a simple 3 point seat belt kit that allowed us to use the existing holes in the cab for the upper pivot mount and used the factory mounting location on the 2009 seats for the lower part as well as the factory location on the floor:

We also decided to test fit our carpet. Unfortunately the carpet ended up being for a 2wd with the low hump so it was a bit too short for our application. You can also see the rear 6x9s we installed using the speaker plates from Brothers:

The completed dash - minus the courtesy lamps and speakers being wired:

Here's a close up of the steering wheel Jack ended up going with. I like it a lot, but we've still got some work to do with getting the horn button to work correctly:

Check out what I'm up to on Instagram: @zohmbii
ZohmBii is offline   Reply With Quote