View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 12:03 PM   #21
SARBlade

Re: '57 with '79 Camaro Clip Front Suspension Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
I have used a lot of front end parts over the years and used to recommend Moog as a good reliable part. lately it seems like they have been outsourced and the quality has deteriorated. maybe just me or because the parts didn't last as they usually did. anyway, I have also used the Napa premium stuff and found it to be good quality. the parts guy told me they usually put a top brand name part in their boxes with a Napa part number at a better price than the original manufacturer. unless you plan to do some hard use I am sure they would work fine especially if you "know a guy" who can get you jobber prices.
As a matter of fact, I do “know a guy” at my local Napa store, he’s looked into what goods you’ve already provided and will give an all in price on the stuff. BTW, I picked up a cheap 5.3 with everything, however, everything ain’t that good lol. Power steering pump, alternator and compressor are shot, so will have to replace those. I got all the wiring harness, so that will take time to unfold lol. I’m going at it slow right now, we have a border collie puppy now that demands soooo much time. Oh well, she’s a good b**ch!