View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 09:55 PM   #81
NathenMyers

Re: 72 GMC Longbed Duramax Swap

OK guys, I'm having a little panic, and i need someone to talk me off of a ledge

first: when i have the 2005 ignition switch connected to all the wiring (like it should be) the truck cranked, started, and ran just fine.

second: i took apart the ignition switch (which was kinda neat) to see how it worked. Looking at the switch, and the bulldogsecurity diagram that gerfunen so kindly helped me with, it LOOKS like at the ON position: pink(ign1) red(always hot) and brown(acc2) are switched together; also orange(acc1), white(ign2), red(always hot) were all switched together.

third: when you flip the switch to START the Yellow switches on with the orange, white red, and it cranks and starts.

so, in an effort to make sure this theory was correct, i fixed myself up two switches, and engaged them. crank no start.

put the stock switch back in place, crank no start.

i'm having a moment of panic, worried that because i had them all switched "on" while it was cranking that i blew something....

i found a blown 20A fuse in the (i think) Aux PWR slot in the underhood fuse box. But, i don't know why that would be connected to my problem.

if anyone has any insight it would be great! ... you can also tell me i'm dumb if you have to...

thanks!
NathenMyers is offline   Reply With Quote