View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 02:06 AM   #10
rfmaster

Re: Possible ignition module problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficio View Post
Okay today i installed a new pickup coil just to find out i have the same problem.
It just seems like it is not getting fuel except
at a idle or low Rpm. Can the fuel regulator go bad to where it restricts the fuel enough to create this problem?
Thanks
Unlikely, FPR is a very simple device - spring loaded membrane. If it delivers 13 PSI at idle it must maintain fuel pressure at higher RPM as well. What it does point to is a low or insufficient fuel volume. At idle fuel volume requirement is relatively small - engine is not making any power, just enough to over come internal friction and drive external accessories. Fuel injectors pulses are rather short and spaced apart. Typical injector pulse width at idle ~1.2 to 1.5 mSec, injectors alternatively firing, on every other cylinder firing. As load, engine RPM increases injector pulse width duration increases and there are more injector firings. Got to have both fuel volume and pressure for injectors to supply enough fuel to meet engine requirements.

So let me understand this when you increase engine RPM above certain RPM point it begins to cut out ???

//RF

1975 Chevrolet C20 longbed
350/700R4! with 3inch body lift
Dual Flowmasters Super 40's!
TBI retrofit completed (2007-07-29)
New 383CID (+030) 08-304-8 9.5:1CR x36,005 (2012-12-17)
rfmaster is offline   Reply With Quote