View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 11:01 PM   #8
mfarmdawg

Re: 2000 Silverado Random Stalling

Thanks for the recommendations! I will start with the MAF cleaner and the fuel filter. I have replaced the fuel pressure regulator with an AC Delco part for it. We seem to keep changing parts that have been done already as we chase this issue down. It's hard to know for sure, but I believe the pump was changed once already and they removed the bed to do it. I will check the alternator, but I do't think that is the issue either. I started it and drove it the other day and the gauge on the dash indicated it was running at 18 volts to recharge it after sitting for a while then dropped and held at 16 volts once it had been driven for about 15 minutes. I'll also re-check the fuel pressure before and after the fuel filter change to see what if any changes result.

One final note, I'm not sure this is completely accurate, but when the fuel gets down to 1/4 tank or lower, we don't seem to have issues with it stalling. Once I filled the tank for the first time since buying it is when we started having issues. We've driven it for a while now between the stalls and it's back down to 1/4 tank. Drove it to and from work a couple of days ago with no issues....maybe nothing or it may have some relevance.
mfarmdawg is offline   Reply With Quote