View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 08:12 PM   #6
A1971Blazer

Re: 1970 Blazer Granny Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5Fan View Post
Thanks for the reply,

Ultimately I want to swap out just the transmission to an automatic, and then see how that works, but it's fine for now. I see that you are in East Tennessee. I have a place in Tellico Plains TN. It is 7 hours away from where I live, and mostly interstate. I have a new Tahoe that I have been taking up there, but I would love to one day start taking the K5 and hit the trails. Getting up to the Outer Banks for surf fishing isn't too bad, since there is no interstate from here to there, but that's where the lower gear would come in handy.

Thanks again! Great looking Blazer on your post!
Upper Tellico OHV Park was the best Off Road Riding East of the Mississippi River until the tree huggers and trout fisherman managed to get it closed to OHV activity....
Many local clubs, in conjunction with the Southern 4WD Association worked diligently to keep it open....ultimately, the squeaky wheel got the grease, and it was closed permanently.
I'm about 45 minutes from Tellico Plains....I spent many days up in the mountains riding the infamous trails of the OHV
"Slick Rock" "School Bus" "Guardrail" "Lower 2" "Helicopter Pad" all bring back some great memories.

A picture from "Guardrail" at the "Dixie Run" in 2006
Name:  591.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  79.9 KB
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote