View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 02:44 PM   #1194
dieseldawg142

Re: post up your camping pics

them sign pics were taken around '98 with my my old kodak Instamatic 110, if you google map them, most of them are still there, but a little more worn and faded now.
last time we were on the Cassiar, it was prob about 40-50% gravel and we passed 1 rv and 1 C500 Kenworth the whole trip...ya, it WAS better back in the day..never saw any hitch hikers though
at one point we stopped to let the mutts out and heard this crashing threw the bush, put the dogs back in the truck and watched this calf moose come stumbling and running out of the bush. a few seconds later we hear an even bigger crashing, what now?, and a black bear come out of the bush chasing the calf. Wow, that was pretty cool, 2 seconds later we hear an even LOUDER crashing in the bush...what in hell? all of a sudden here comes momma moose chasing her calf and the bear...supper time, Cassiar style i guess

same with Boya, we showed up and there was 2 or 3 other campers in there. wife starts cooking some steaks and i go for a walk around, wondering why no one is around, it's still light out. go back to the truck and look at the clock and it's 2 am, but bright as heck out. July long weekend, like 20 hrs or so of sunlight- took some getting used to.

McBride is another place we have looked at property too, i used to haul shake blocks up to Valemount, love the scenery in the Rocky Mountain Trench, just gotta have them mountains ya know..
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote