View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #87
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Scoti - I thought that the Porterbuilt TA's moved the center line of the rear axle back that 1.5"? or am I missing something?? What about just moving the cross member back the required 1.5"?

On another note, can you get a measurement for me? I no longer have a stock rear end houseing. I need to know how far part the mounting pads on the axle are? A measurement from the center of the rear hole (for the u-bolt) to the center of the other rear hole and the same for the front holes would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
The PB arms are the same length (and adjustable). The PB TA c.member has the option to shift the rear axle back (different set of holes from what I remember). I'm using an ECE c.member that I already had so I didn't get the PB unit.

As for moving the c.member back, that's one method among several options. I figured by using the alum spacers, I can fine tune the exact dimension I want vs. drilling more holes & limiting the placement options (what if I need more/less that I thought??).

I'll try & get you those housing pad dimensions tonight.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 02-09-2010 at 11:41 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote