View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 06:12 PM   #53
68 P.O.S.

Re: '69 C10 327 SBC Off Idle Stumble / Misfire Help - I feel like I've tried EVERYTHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8-X View Post
I left the vacuum advance unplugged for the test drive as I wanted to see how it drove based on the total timing alone. I also left the air cleaner off. Oddly enough, here's where it gets funny, I backed out of the driveway, then put it in drive and went down the street for a few stop and go take offs. It did absolutely wonderful with mid-full throttle off the line starts as well as minimal throttle off the line. Ran like a champ, smooth and misfire free....for about a mile. As soon as I took a curve, it began to act up bogging and hesitating. It did this a few times but for the most part was running better. To me it seemed like curves or turns were worse than straight take offs. Not sure if this means anything. About 5 minutes later and a few more turns, it was bogging and hesitating like it's been doing. Coming home after a 15 minute drive in traffic, it would hesitate intermittently at off idle speeds. As noted previously, it always ran fine when the kick down was activated. Some turns and take offs whether light or mid throttle were OK, others were not. Full throttle did nothing more than light throttle. Not sure if any of this means more or not, just thought I'd report it.
Still sounds like the float levels and fuel pressure to me. Especially since it's doing it during turns and curves.