View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 03:14 AM   #2475
Frizzle Fry

Re: '66 Sunbeam Minx Project - F20C/6sp/4-link/Discs...

Huuuuge gap in posting (winter happened).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
Man, I've followed this thread for years. Noticed a bump in posts so I had to tune in. Congrats on getting it road worthy. I milestone for any gearhead.
I appreciate it! Now I just need to close all the small details...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Congrats (yeah Im slow to the party) such a great little car. I think a sliding ragtop should be the next addition to that thing =)
That would be next level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitmitchell View Post
holy hell.
this is like watching one of our own nephews or nieces grow.
whats next on it buddy?
Haha, yeh. I don’t know. Whatever strikes inspiration when there’s a cash surplus problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeating1 View Post
Quick question regarding post 32 (waaaay back there): "I had the axles reworked at Dutchman's to fit the S2000 rotors. They are 5x4.5" and just happen to be the same pattern as the wheels you may have noticed in some of the previous pics. While at Dutchman's I had new bearings and retainers pressed on."

Did that mean to say, "...had the S2000 rotors reworked to fit the axles"? I'm looking at doing a similar retrofit, and it looks like the rotors were re-drilled to the existing pattern of the DJ-5. And are DJ's 5x4.5 stock (smaller than CJ's 5x5), or is that what was reworked?
Axles were reworked to fit the s2000 rotors as written. The reason for this was to allow me to use factory or aftermarket S2000 parts for most of the mechanical gear.

I took it out for a spin with my copilot today.
Attached Images

Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote