View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 03:16 PM   #142
parb

Re: ParB's 72 Orange Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monster View Post
Great job documenting the restoration and the final outcome is beautiful. I really like the tasteful personalized modern touches including LED lighting and leather interior with contrasting orange stitching.

I agree that the spare tire cover might look better set up differently than you have it now- unless it has grown on you. Perhaps it would look good in saddle or leave it naked.

Just curious... did you convert the headlights to LED too?
I did not convert the LED headlights to LED. It just looks too modern when you do that. On the side markers and the rear stop lights the LED could concievable be a bulb, the colored lens diffracts the light enough that it looks close to stock.

But LED headlights are never convincing -they always look very modern to my eyes. Not just the color temperature, i think the assembly doesn't look very convincing.

I also doubt i will drive very much in darkness anyway. My reasoning for the brake lights and side markers was largely driven by making sure other drivers saw me and my intentions clearly. Here in super crowded northern California there are lots of distracted drivers. I wanted to retain the stock look as much as possible.
parb is offline   Reply With Quote