View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 11:39 AM   #210
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Its been slow going but picked away at a couple pieces. I got the hood cowl in final primer and figured out a solution for the cowl locating pin things. All of mine broke off on the inside where it holds itself to the cowl (expanding side).

So I got some self tapping 4mm screws, cut them to the right length and then screwed them in (pictures attached).You will need to trim the "arrow" looking insert on the top to fit, since the self tapper is now coming from the bottom up, but It worked like a charm and you can leave them a touch loose so you can adjust them while the cowl is on the truck. But it was hopeless finding replacements, so this is a great solution for anyone in this situation.

I have had the bed's "headboard' not sure what it is actually called, in bare metal for a year now with all the metal work done. So finally I have time to get it into epoxy and throw down some body filler on some of the imperfections. I will put a bed liner on the inside anyway, but you can still see even small dents through the bed liner so I wanted that as flat as possible.

The next step will be to put the hood back on and start getting the gaps correct and then get to body work. I will get the bed sides and tail gate sand blasted and get all of that into epoxy so I can put the bed back together and get going on the body work.

We are about to start building a house next this month, so time wont be on my side, but I am also building a 50x30 underground garage for my house with 14' ceilings, so this will help when it comes to final body work and paint.
Attached Images

Last edited by 44boggers; 05-01-2021 at 02:58 PM.
44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote