View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 07:03 AM   #102
Aberdare

Re: 1963 GMC Step-Van 7

Well Folks... it is once again very slow in the workshop, and it seems that this year is slower than it has been for a long while.

The BIG (Little) Project in the workshop is a 1948 Case Model S Tractor, that I picked up last May. The Engine is stuck, so I will be doing a complete in frame re-sleeve and top-end rebuild so that I have it in running condition to assist in shuttling not only the Van, but also the trailer in and out of the workshop.

Just going to offer you a few sneak peeks at what I have on the go, and YES... You can see the Van sitting in the background. I ordered up a Complete Sleeve Kit with new Pistons, Rings, Pins and Gasket Set to get me started, from a Company called Saeli Implements out of Geneva, New York. I will most likely be dealing with them again in the future. This in-frame rebuild will be upgrading the original bore size from 3.5 inch to 3.625, giving the original displacement of 154 cu.in. an increase to 165 cu.in. The Parts are due to arrive this friday, so I better get busy with the tear down... because making room for the Van, will be the next priority on the list.

Cheers!
Attached Images

I'm just going to put an OUT-OF-ORDER sign on my forehead... and call it a day.
Aberdare is offline   Reply With Quote