View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 01:57 PM   #4
Rokcrln

Re: Rocker replacement 101

I had some epoxy primer left over from a job so I just used that to protect the inner rocker. I then test fit the new rocker by clamping it to the rear B pillar first, then the front A pillar and last to the bottom of the pinch weld. This rocker fit great!!! I have not had one fit this well right out of the box yet. These came from ECE and I have not checked the drivers side yet but I have found that some fit great, some fit ok and some need alot of work to get to fit at all. I fisrt check the fit along the B pillar for how it lines up with the flat part of the jamb and down the door opening. Then I look how the lower rocker fits with the cab corner. You may find you have to tweak things to get it all to line up how you want it. Then I look at the A post area to see how things line up. You want to look at the inner most lip were the door weather stripping goes and the threshold are that rolls up the A post. The little corner that is betwen the threshold roll and the weather strip area never lines up right and will need some help that I will show later. Next you want to see how well the front of the rocker lines up were it folds around the A post. Next you need to check how it fits along the bottom of the rocker. Clamp it in place and clim under and take a good look at things. You should have about an 1/8" or less gap between the bottom edge of the rocker and the bottom of the inner rocker. Then the gap between the threshold and the cab floor should be even and about 3/8" but most that I have done are not even and may be from 1/4" to 1/2" and this is ok because your carpet strip will cover. Anything over 1/2" and you run into problems becasue you will not have enough overlap between the inner edge of the threshold and the inner rocker top edge to get a plug weld. I will show this later.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images