Thread: poppin out?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2003, 10:52 AM   #54
jewels.

Quote:
Originally posted by ts71281
Jewels this is the easiest way to put all your questions to rest. Simply crawl under your truck, shove your trans into 3rd gear and remove the linkage. ...... Otherwise leave your trans in 3rd gear and REMOVE the linkage from the trans. Get back in your truck and go take it for a spin. If it drives fine with NO LINKAGE ATTACHED then it's the adjustment of the linkage rod. I'm going to bet you anything that driving your truck now at HWY speeds with no linkage attached is the smoothest your truck has been in a long time. Don't worry, your 350 should pull from a dead stop in direct drive just fine.

hmm - this is an easy thing to do, and i will probably take a few minutes and try this.... interesting point....

i am having thoughts of taking up fine69 on his offer of a free tranny in the coming weekends (a free tranny is cool) - but thats only if i discover that the problem truely IS the tranny... first, i would like to eliminate the linkage problem...

don't worry - i am taking all of you suggestions to heart - there are all kinds of ideas here, and i will make sure to start with the easiest fixes and cheapest fixes first, and move on to the harder ones if the problem isnt remedied....

i think i'll try that linkage removed thing this afternoon if i get the chance... i'll let you know the results...

thanks!
jewels.