View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 02:17 PM   #1327
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by II_Slow View Post
I was tracking every dime I spent on mine for a couple of years but I got disgusted and stopped as well. I've been frugile anywhere I can, but you just can't compromise on some things. It would be worse to finish and not have what you wanted than to go over budget. It's only money, right?
I've kept all my receipts (I think) but yeah, at some point you're doing this for yourself unless you always intended to flip the truck. I have a friend that does that. While I respect it can be a profitable business it almost necessitates you compromise to maximize your profit. I don't want that.

A nicely done Task Force truck has been my goal for 25-30 years. I had an abortive start with a '57 small window years go before my divorce from my high school sweetheart after 20 years - I lost my shirt. I eventually started to recover financially and went to other projects - an early Porsche 911, a couple 944's and 951, then my '46 Chevy truck which I now wish I'd kept but my personal holy grail was always a '55 big window and I finally got one. I don't intend to ever sell it. It'll be my retirement daily driver I hope. That's mostly realistic in SoCal.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote