View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 10:33 PM   #32
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Parting Out versus Scrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
Okay, well they trailered the LC back to Idaho which is how they got it from Idaho to Utah to begin with. Somewhere in one of the videos Alan said that he knew where there was a good LC body and he was going to swap it out before taking it back to Utah and trying to roll it again

I think my daughter's Ford is fixable though not to look pretty again, but only if the engine isn't damaged from running upside down for we don't exactly know how long. I have serious doubts that her engine is any good now. Just because it started up and ran okay for a little while doesn't mean the bearings/crank aren't damaged and it won't seize up or start knocking in a few miles or days or weeks. But I guess I'm some sort of scrooge for thinking that way
I remember hearing a Texaco Oil ad on the air where they had used Havoline oil for some number of miles, and then drained the crankcase and drove it around Manhattan in traffic, without an oil-related failure. I'm certain that you're daughters engine is fine, if she was using Havoline. And if you believe that...

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote