View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #188
chevy4ever

Re: How about some pics of "4x4" Blazers, Jimmy's & Burbs?

Hey guys. This is my 90 Burb 1/2ton 4x4. I bought it for $750 from a friend of a friend who said it ran good about a year ago. He said all i would need to do is pop in a battery and put some gas in. It had sat for over a year without starting though. Once i finally got it started.. after hours or pouring everything u can think of into the intake. I gave a full tune up and hours later found that the rear main seal blew out and all my oil was puddled under the truck. Well i went ahead and got a longblock 350 for 724 and slapped it in and kept the TBI for now and put it in. The tranny went out awhile back and after 390, which was really cheap, the 700r4 was back in business. The rear axles carrier went out so i dropped another 600 into a auburn carrier locker and the install kit for it. Ive put about 4k into this truck going by my best guess at this point. I got BIG plans for it soon just trying to stack some cash. I have 4" leafs for the front sitting in garage. Im gonna put on 6" flip and switch kit on the rear leafs. tryin to fit 37x14.5x15. Right now i got Mud Trac 32's i had laying around in the garage off another truck i had. Eventually i am adding a high out put alt, dual batteries, gonna use two KINETIK HC2400 (2400 Cranking amps!!!). Bad boys weigh in at 69 lbs each. Planning on a front and rear replacment bumper with winches on both,not sure which winches im gonna go with. Looking for some nice HID lights That are reasonibly priced enough to have 5 on top with a lght bar i have sitting in my garage. The roof i sanded down and primed because it rusted pretty bad. No rust thru but it was starting to pit. Soon it will be covered head to toe in rhino!

1980 Malibu Classic 2door(sold) 8-(
2001 Silverado single cab 4.3 V6(stolen and the totalled)
1979 GMC sierra swb stepside 350(sold)
1990 chevy suburban 4x4 350
2001 tahoe 4x4
2001 suburban 4x4

Last edited by chevy4ever; 04-11-2009 at 07:29 PM.
chevy4ever is offline   Reply With Quote