View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 01:15 PM   #64
texasld

Re: Blood Sweat and Tears.. 67 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possmguts View Post
Waiting on a quote from the blaster/powder coat guys. Now to just get all the rivets ground off and pull the frame and axle assembly apart. Im pulling all cross members and brackets off and will be remounting them all using grade 8 bolts.

Ive probably scrapped the Corvette suspension idea and will go with something made for the trucks.

I have a friend that had his frame done and it cost him 1200 bucks... But Im not sure he pulled the frame apart or not. I hope mine will cost about the same. His is a square body 4x4 short bed so there will be a few less parts to do on mine. We'll see when they call.
If you don't have a real reason to pull the x members out, I don't recommend it. It's a real pain in the ARSE to cut that many rivets out of the frame and you have to do a really good job of getting it put back together to make it all straight and square. The powder guy will be able to do a really great job even with the x members in the frame. If it unbolts, by all means take it out, but if you are cutting rivets, I would leave it in.
2010 Harley Street Glide

Check Out My Build!: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=617981
texasld is offline   Reply With Quote