View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #72
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jays68yak View Post
Thanks for the pics on the xmember issues. Since I was the one that designed them I will use your feedback to fix anything we can so that they are better in the future.

On the fuel filter, is that a -6 filter with the little tiny disc inside? If so I would swap it out for something else. It doesnt flow enough to keep up with the motors. Ive had several problems with them.
Hey jays68yak. Thanks for checking out my build. I think you did a great job on the crossmember. It is very strong and overall a nice piece of engineering. Thank you very much as this made my install possible. Once I got the holes reamed out a bit, it went in fine. I ended up moving my engine forward 2 inches and this was a much better place for the crossmember to be and made brake lines and bump stop bolts much easier to deal with. The reason why I did this was to gain clearance between the firewall and motor. There was none. Costs of moving the motor forward are the driveshafts and a couple days fab work.

As for the fuel filter, it is a russell competition filter part number RUS-650133. It is a 40 micron filter with a stainless disc element. see pic attached of an alternate filter type. What have you used that works well?

If you need more specifics on the crossmember, shoot me a pm and I can get very detailed about my use of it.
Cheers
Attached Images

Last edited by cmabolt; 07-11-2013 at 09:15 AM.
cmabolt is offline   Reply With Quote