View Single Post
Old 12-14-2023, 05:49 PM   #79
tutone

Re: More on EVs from a guy trying to sell them

I would certainly hate for this thread to die before I got to interject my perfectly worthless opinion. I worked "plant" work for 32 years before retiring, and always lived 35 or so miles from there. So, I carpooled, swapped rides, bought economy cars from time to time, just to save a few bucks. Funny how that works, they would come around and ask for OT and you had no ride home at midnight. One declined offer and it would blow a month's gas savings.
That said, that was MY choice to do the ride swap. I didnt like 4 dollar gas,so I looked for a way to beat it. I would call it a draw after all those years. A learning experience if you will.
The paper mill I worked at didn't care how I got there, or got home. They needed a "warm body", for whatever the reason. Your transportation woes were on you, not them. This whole cycle, and I do mean cycle, of EV concious lawmakers, and such don't give a crap what you think, or if you walk, ride a bicycle or thumb everywhere. As long as you bend your will to suit them. I'm from the camp that I don't care how or what you spend your money on, I will do what I want with mine. I'm not all that shot in the butt with EVs anyway.
1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71