Thread: Radio options
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 05:14 AM   #55
1972cheyenne454

Re: Radio options

Well since I already used the space for the radio as the home for my switch panel, I thought, "What could be more 70's than mounting the head unit under the dash?" So, that's what I did. I still listen to cds. ****, I still dust off my cassette tape collection from time to time. Still sounds a damn sight better than streaming over Bluetooth. This radio is Bluetooth capable, but I prefer the USB or AUX ports and stored media, as the sound quality is much better. Then the signal is ran to a skar 500w 4 channel amp. The heft of the signal is handled by the 5.25" speakers on the doors. I couldn't justify spending $90 on a couple pieces of plastic to mount the woofers in the kick panels just to be... well..... kicked, so I fabbed my own damn mounts. The next two channels drive a pair of DS18 3" super tweeters mounted in place of the ball vents either side of the dash. Finally, in an effort to increase the width of my sound stage, the head unit is driving a couple 2.5" speakers I yanked from a surround sound system that i mounted in the center of the dash. Overall, it sounds pretty good considering i threw it together with **** i had laying around. It could use a sub. All in due time.

Yea, just goes to show, when it comes to these trucks, all that limits what you can do is your budget and your imagination.
Attached Images

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, only then will the world know peace."

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"
1972cheyenne454 is offline   Reply With Quote