View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 03:27 AM   #15
rbar

Re: patch panels.........

I got inner fenders from Goodmark. They arrived with Triplus stickers on them. They are absolute garbage and will not fit and the hood hinge holes were a mile off. The body shop the truck is at didn't want to use them. I had another pair that I bought at Tuckers years ago and they were alot better. The front fenders I bought at Tuckers were Triplus and they were terrible. They are actually 1/4" too short and no bolt holes line up at all. Most everything I have bought at Tuckers I have been very disappointed with, but it may just be the same everywhere. As a side note, they claimed they buy fenders from 3 different sources.
As for patch panels, I have bought floor panels, rocker panels, cab corners, door bottoms, fender braces and fender bottoms from Classic. I don't know if anybody makes floor panels that are going to fit correct, they have the strength ridges that are way off. The cab corners were shaped pretty good. The fender bottoms needed more massaging. Be careful though, because I tried to bend the fender patch a little to get the arc to match the original and it bends into a crease way easier than regular sheet metal. It may be the same gauge, but it isn't the same density or strength. That's a good reason to use as little of the patch panel as possible. I am also of the opinion that there is probably 3, possibly four manufactures if you add in Dynacorn. I will sell a brand new dynacorn passenger door for $300.
Attached Images

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP 415hp/415tq 6speed
rbar is offline   Reply With Quote