View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #18
62lwbc10

Re: patch panels.........

Interesting question. It tool me three years to complete the welding on my 62 cab and I can speak from experience as Ive bought and used a ton of patch panels, sometimes ordering from one place and then throwing it away and getting it from somewhere else. Nowadays i use classic truck parts (www.classicparts.com) for most everything. I must say Ive had very different experiences with cab corners. Most of the ones available (even from classic parts) are garbage and VERY different from the original ones. I was lucky to find some american made corners from a different supplier that were PERFECT but they no longer are available. Floor pans have been OK. Rockers, lower hinge pillars, front and rear floor supports, inner rockers, inner cowls have all been good from classic parts. SOmetimes the parts (i.e the rear floor supports) are a bit thinner than I'd hoped for, but thats repro stuff for ya. Oh yea, btw those rear rear floor supports caused me alot of extra work, they needed all kinds of mods before they could be used.

Just bought my ENTIRE bed from classic parts so I will report on the quality. Im talking bedsides (american made and supposed to be very nice), rear fenders, front and rear tailgate, etc....
62lwbc10 is offline   Reply With Quote