View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 12:46 AM   #1
66K20

'66 K20 - Project Old Blue???

My name is Brett and this is my K20 project, Old Blue.

Wait, what? Blue? The dang truck is orange! The project name is sentimental, so let's start there.

I was introduced to the most stylish Chevrolet pickup at birth. My father had just completed his '66 K10 show truck when I came along and some of my earliest memories are of rides we took in that truck. The truck was known as 'Big Blue', primarily because it was rolling on 38" mud tires. He ended up selling the K10 and bought a worn out, multicolored, rusty '66 K20 that had a giant '01' painted on each door. This K20 was known as 'Old Blue' because a faded blue was the dominant color on the truck. The truck was primarily used as a wood hauling truck where we made many more memories. Over the years we collected rust free body parts (including NOS fenders) in preparation for a rebuild. The truck was stripped and put in the garage as a rolling chassis with a good cab. Time slipped away and the truck (or rather the parts to make a truck) was sold to a family friend. It was reassembled by our family friend, painted orange, new wheels and tires installed and a local flatbed was dropped on. Our friend unexpectedly passed away and the truck was stuck in the estate's mess for many years. I was able to buy it back a few weeks ago. It may not be blue any more, but it will always be Old Blue to me.

Here it is in all of it's glory. It is a pretty original truck despite all of the replacement metal. Original 292 with the SM420 and Rockwell T221 with 56k miles. I do not know what direction I want to take with the truck, but I first want to fix known issues and do preventative maintenance.
Attached Images

Last edited by 66K20; 06-22-2018 at 09:47 AM.
66K20 is offline   Reply With Quote