View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 03:31 AM   #115
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

1. If you notice, the room was set up for the washer to be on the left and the dryer to be on the right, which is the way we had them, but the problem we were running into was when the door to the kitchen was open, the dryer door would hit it... so you would have to close the door to the kitchen just to open the dryer... so I swapped 'em!

This also worked better for another reason as well, where the vent came out of the dryer was exactly where the vent was in the floor, so the closest I could get the dryer to the wall was flush with the garage door, you can't really tell in the 2nd pic, but because of the swap I was also able to move the washer/dryer BACK closer to the wall almost 3"!!!

2. Because the washer only had adjustable front legs, I leveled it first, then had to drop the dyer almost an inch! That was a pain, it had big plastic legs that would only turn with a wrench. I got lucky and all of the attachments/hoses/lines, etc all reached for the swap without having to buy anything in a longer length

With the cabinets pushed out 2.25" and the washer/dryer pushed back almost 3", it made reaching into the cabinets much much easier, both my wife and I can easily reach to the 2nd shelf, the top shelf needs a little step, but the stuff we use the most easily fits on the first two shelves.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 02-06-2010 at 03:39 AM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote