View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 05:04 AM   #4
3v0

Re: 1991 K1500 progress

By the vin it is a standard 1/2 ton. Seems tall.

Making good progress. Removed the make shift ignition from the ash tray and now have a working factory ignition switch on the column.

Found the wiring diagram here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=465868
Note to anyone working on a non tilt wheel: there are hidden screws on the back side of the plastic shell that holds the turn signal cam etc. To get to the ignition switch pull all the plastic off the steering column and then remove these screws from the back.
The cluster illumination lamps now work and the tail lamp fuse no longer blows. Cleaned up the instrument cluster but the odometer wore out at 46K. Cleaned it up but it jams so I left the wheels out. Looks like I may have the trip odometer working. Good enough for now.

Replaced the brake booster.

Had IAC and low fuel pressure codes when I started. Not sure why but they are gone. I have only driven it a handful of miles during testing. So they may come back.

Next I plan to give the engine some TLC. Will revisit the forum post on rough running engines. Need a front wheel balanced or new front shocks.
3v0 is offline   Reply With Quote