View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 11:26 PM   #10
Jl8806

Re: '68 disc brake conversion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
Not used that kit, but... Yeah, it's that easy. The link there is for a set of $bracket$ to allow you to use parts from another application on your truck. You will still need to purchase the applicable rotors, calipers and pads to get it completely finished.

Now, when it's complete, you'll have '68 spindles/tie rod/ball joints ( all your current stock components), '95 rotors/calipers/pads and proprietary caliper brackets at stock ride height.

The other "easy" route is to purchase and aftermarket spindle that will accept your stock tie rod and ball joint ( 1968 stock parts ) and also use 72-78 rotor/caliper/pads.

The difference between the two will come down to the price of the "kit" above + the price of the '95 rotors/calipers versus the price of the aftermarket spindle + the price of the 72-87 rotors/calipers.

I'm unaware of any significant differences between the actual hardware here like for instance the diameter or thickness of the rotors. If the '95 rotors are beefier, I might be inclined to go that route.

Whatever you do, document it well for future owners who may be very keen to know.

-klb
The more I look the more I think I'm going with this kit, I know that itsays you use 95-98 rotors and calipers but what about wheel bearings and hub ?
Jl8806 is offline   Reply With Quote