View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 06:33 PM   #1
Ford Assassin

Question Who has done a Cummins swap WITH a NV4500?

Please forgive me for being blunt, but unless you have done a Cummins swap with the Dodge/Cummins style NV4500/NV5600 into a SQUAREBODY, please keep scrolling in the interest of keeping this thread from being cluttered with irrelevant information.

That being said, I dropped a 94 P Pump 12v Cummins with matching NV4500HD into my 88 crew cab dually. The truck previously had a early GM NV4500 conversion done with a 86 pedal box, etc. The slave types are different, the GM pushes toward the transmission for clutch disengagement and the Cummins slave moves toward the engine for disengagement. Plus the slave travel on the Cummins slave is far greater than the GM slave for disengagement.

For those that have done this EXACT swap. What clutch master cylinder did you use?

I planned on using the stock Cummins/Dodge slave cylinder. I also have the Cummins/Dodge clutch master that I can modify the pushrod length to work, but the pushrod would be at an angle vs the stock GM squarebody clutch master cylinder pushrod since it mounts at an angle on the firewall.

Thanks.

-K5 Blazer 2wd: 6.0 LQ4, 7875 Turbo, Tick Stage II Turbo Cam, Built 4L80e, RevMax Billet 3600, 9.5" 14 Bolt
-Chevy 3+3 Crew Cab Dually: Cummins 12v P-Pump Swap, Compound Turbos, A2W Intercooler, NV4500HD, 4wd conversion, Radius Arms, Coilovers, Crossover Steering, etc
Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=803608