View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 10:47 PM   #75
hewittca

Re: Sullii the 72 GMC 1500

Lately I've been focused on getting my pedals sorted out since they require some modifications to work with the LS swap. For the throttle pedal, I am using the stock pedal from the '04 Silverado that was the engine donor for my project. The pedal arm is kind of an awkward shape, however, Hart_Rod makes a nice adapter bracket that puts the pedal in the perfect location.

Since I am going with a NV3500 transmission, I need to ditch the mechanical linkage from the clutch for the original 3 speed in favor for a hydraulic clutch. This required me to mount the master cylinder on the firewall. I really had no clue what my pedal ratio should be, so I based it on pedal travel for the stock clutch pedal. I ended up using the stock style master cylinder from a '04 Blazer (which is what my transmission came out of) and will pair with a stock throwout bearing and slave. I had to make my own custom pushrod to integrate between this master cylinder and my stock pedal. I am anxious to see how the pedal feels once the trans is fully installed.

I am also starting to reintroduce myself to the wiring harness for the LS so I can decide where to mount my ECM. I was able to rework the stock harness so there was enough slack to mount the ECM behind the glovebox inside the cab.

While getting the engine installed, I realized it would be much easier to work on everything if the nose was removed from the truck. This was a good opportunity to get the kids in the garage to help pull parts off the truck.

Since my truck will most likely be on jackstands for the next few months, I figured it was about time for a motivational photoshop. Here's where the truck should sit at its final drop with the motor installed. I also changed it up with blackwall tires. I always go back and forth between blackwalls and whitewalls. I think I might actually like the blackwalls better on this truck. It simplifies the look and ties in with the base model appearance that this truck left the factory with.

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote