View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 08:47 PM   #65
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Re: Pretty decent looking 1977 Blazer Chalet-denver craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Looks to be a primo Chalet that's going to cross the auction block next month. Not mine.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0120-39...blazer-chalet/
Took me a while to find the time to look this one up in my pile of references. It's Chalet #0653, built in 8/76.

Primo? 'Fraid not. I have pics of when I first spotted it in a Roscommon MI Craigslist ad for $5500 in June 2010, and from the looks of it now, essentially no restoration work has been done to it beyond swapping out the aftermarket chrome spoke wheels for rallys. Same non-original camper area carpet, same house-style doorknob on the camper door, same skewed rear bumper with the rumples on the top passenger side, same scuffed-up area on the upper rear passenger side where a porch light was probably installed, same faded rear door decal.

As most hard-core car guy afficianados know, the money value in classics is in the properly-restored-to-factory-showroom-appearance vehicles. This ain't it, all it has going for it is a heckuva superficial spit-shine.

Name:  #0653 Chalet dr & r.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  34.2 KB
Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote