View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
Maximus

Re: TH350 leak parked level or nose up only

really your first step in this journey is to crawl under your truck and identify the area of the leak.

if its based on an angle, I would start at the tailshaft seal as leaks like the pan would normally occur regardless of tilt, but knowing where you see the fluid is step one. if its too hard to tell, take the truck to a self-car wash and do what you can to pressure wash the underside to get a clear area to observe.

leaks are found by looking. I had a leak in an 90's company owned ford truck. I TOLD a local tranny shop that the tailhousing was leaking, they insisted it was the pan. they replaced the pan seal and it still leaked. My company was fed up with the truck and I bought it cheap. I crawled under the truck and TWO bolts were missing out of the tailhousing extension. I TOLD this idiot shop owner that area was leaking and he didnt even take the time to LOOK. that was the last time this shop ever saw a vehicle I was involved with....

anyways, moral of that story was you really gotta put your eyes on the trans and identify where the red fluid is coming from... then we can help you stop the leak. take some photos under there and post em for a better response....
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote