View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 05:01 AM   #13
Rokcrln

Re: Rocker replacement 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Your "bad" rocker looked super to me! The bigger problem for me was always the cab corner replacement--too many angles to get right especially with that diagnal support the back section~~~Ug!!!!
Yes it looked good from the out side and the rocker it self was good but not worth saving if you are going to replace the A-post bottom. When I first saw the rust hole I thought about just leaving it but

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
Good info., nice work! Never heard the term 'body wax', is this something that a paint shop supply co. would carry? Do you apply it with a shutz gun, or does it come in aerosol? And why not just undercoating, this wax must be better or you wouldn't have mentioned it

Amazing how just a little hole on the A post hid all that rust
Body Wax is a real think coating that never dries. It will flex and expand with heat and not crack out. But it will not let water in or air and that = NO RUST! Or so I hope I got it from East Wood a few years ago and have not had a chance to use it yet but what to try it in the top fromnt of the head liner, A pillars (top to bottom) and rockers. They sell a gun and nozel set up for it that comes with a siphone pot, spray extention, tips (wand type, 90* wand type) and even a flex hose for getting into small areas like the sun visor hole

We will see how it works one of these days.

Kevin
LFD Inc.