View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 05:45 PM   #16
Rokcrln

Re: Rocker replacement 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfosh View Post
I just replaced the lower a piller,part of the floor inner and outer rocker .I don't have the rocker welded back yet .I tried to put the front fender back on to check all the alignment and the fender wont pull in far enough to align up with the door .the brace on the back of the fender hits the fresh air box. Door gaps look ok. What did i do wrong ? fender was ok when i removed it. thanks . great post will help a lot of members.
Well for starters if the fender is hitting the fresh air box but is still out past the door then your doorneeds to come out some. Did you adjust the door so the bottom edge is flush with teh rocker? Alot of times the rockers are in a bit from the door. As for the fender being out to far to bolt up it may need shims now because you might have set the mounting flange in too far. Have you looked right at the bottom of the fender to see if it is hitting the bottom edge of the A pillar bottom you installed? I have found I have to trim that section off on most installs for the fender to set right.

Kevin
LFD Inc.