View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #17
Rokcrln

Re: Rocker replacement 101

Ok here is some more of the post!
So I first just clamp the rocker in place starting at the back then the front then the pinch weld. It looks to fit ok so I pulled it off and drilled 5/16" holes for plug welding later. I then put it back in place and used some self tapping screws to hold it so I could hang the door and see how things fit. Remember always test fit door or adjust doors with out the strike in the jamb. This will allow you to jet the door to swing and close right were it is adjusted too and not were teh strike moves it. After bolting on the re-built hinges I adjusted the door as best as I could for now. I will go ahead and bolt on the front fender and adjust the door some more before going much farther or welding in the rocker. Right now the door is flush with the rocker but the rear or the rocker is a bit low. I will need to pull it back off and rework the lower curve to rais up but still match the cab corner as well as posible.
I might get a few hours on this in the morning to work on this before we head out to the parents!

Kevin
LFD inc.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rokcrln; 12-23-2007 at 08:14 PM.