View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 01:58 PM   #62
Beach-Burban

Re: Slow Progress is better than No Progress.

Well, I installed the new MAP Sensor and got the proper readings while connected to the digital gauge screen with the engine off. The engine started right up but ran worse than it had prior to my break-down, however, as I had goofed with the distributor during my time sitting at the curb, the first thing I did when I started it was to return the timing to the required 12 degrees BTDC (as Peter from Edelbrock had instructed me to).

As I dialed-in the timing, the engine ran better and better (in the driveway) but when I actually drove it, it went back to stumbling and popping as before…so I drove about 10 miles then called Peter back instead of driving the entire 50 miles. Peter took me into the “Advanced Tuning” section of the app and told me what initial adjustments to make to the basic Fuel Map. He told me to call him back after another 50 miles…and this time I won’t jump the gun!

The off-idle response is significantly improved, as is the acceleration aspects up to around 40 mph. I didn’t take it on the freeway yet, so I only put about 10 more miles on it as a new (minor) issue has developed…it stalled several times when coming to a stop, unless I rolled very lightly to the stop. I might need to raise my idle slightly, or the slight build up of pressure in the gas tank is dropping my fuel pressure. I need to rectify the venting anyway, just to be sure that this isn’t a problem…but it’s apparent that the “self-learning” needs to have time to make adjustments as well as some more tweaking with the help of Peter.

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote