View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 03:12 PM   #155
RADustin

Re: 1976 CCSB Duramax Project #trucknamedsue

here we go- this should catch up to mid Jan. I'll make a few more updates, a few weeks progress at a time so it's more manageable.

left off assembling the frame. To match the coil springs, I sprayed a few pieces here and there gloss silver. So the frame and frame pieces are semi gloss black, 4 links and axles are gloss black, and accents silver.

started machining on the rear hubs to change the bolt pattern and hub diameter to be all Ford pattern and match the front unit bearings.

skimmed the OD, pre machined and pressed on piece of DOM, final machine DOM.

designed transfer fuel pump mount. It's 3D printed plastic and a stainless clamp.

I actually finally got my own 3D printer around xmas time. one of the first useful things I printed was these shock shaft jaws. I back filled them with resin so they are strong. Used them to revalve the rear shocks.

One of the last fabrications for the frame was a crossmember under the back of the cab. I needed extra clearance than the stocker because the transmission and tcase are so long and high up. Had to make crossmember also clear exhaust.

powdercoated and installed-

made the gas tank sump and draw straw/return. I cleaned inside of tank from lose coating before assembly.

for the fuel sender on the primary tank side, its installed without the sock since the 3/8" feed is now a feed from the transfer pump. The 1/4" line is a return from lift pump. I also checked the checked valves and didnt like their flow, so I ripped it out and will use an external ball check.

more assembly- sway bar is dodge 2500 application and from hellwig. its adjustable on 3 positions. I'll be starting at the softest.

dropped engine in-

changed lift pump from crap CP4 to a Fleece CP3K.

installed fuel tank. Painted silver for accent. Bottom is textured and painted silver.

shortened oil dip stick tube, and changed end.

since I'm converting to all LB7 cooling parts, I had to swap out a bunch of LML ones for LB7-LMM.

this is why- reference this pic for later, stock LML cooling- notice height over alt-

The coolant neck needed a custom foot to work-

the water pump difference. LB7 on left(top), LML the other one. I swapped LB7 outlet to LML housing.

rear hitch got powder coated. Has integrated air fitting for tools and electrical(not really shown). I 3D printed a cap for the air fitting with snap on feet.

body work on passenger fender, in poly primer-

and urethane-

I'm using the cab venting system from the 2014. So I put the vents in the rear wall of the cab and will fill the ones in the doors.

I'll keep working on getting yall caught up. Lemme know if I skipped over something too quickly.

1976 GMC Sierra Classic C35 CCSB
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...25#post8188825
RADustin is offline   Reply With Quote